Friday, August 23, 2013

I'm tired.

The title says it all.

It's late. I'm tired...and now I'm worked up.

I ran across a video someone posted of themselves on the internet. You know those videos, attempting to do something neat ends up with a blooper video that can sometimes be funny. Well, this time, to me, it was funny. Then I made to huge mistake of scrolling and reading the comments. Tons of people berating and bashing this person to bits over a simple blooper video meant to be silly. I was shocked...and then I remembered where I was...on the internet. It got me to thinking about how people behave. Most people behave rationally when in a real life setting (notice I said most people). For some reason though when it comes to the internet, you find some people can say the most cruelest things and it makes you wonder how they can be *that* ugly inside. What made them think that it was ok to say what they said regardless of the setting? If they were in public, would they say these things to people's faces? If they didn't think it was ok to say in public, why would they think it was ok to say on the internet? Even though it is keyboard typing it is still public. What clicked in their brains to make them flip from it not being ok to it being ok as long as it is online? It's still being said, online or real world. It still has the same connotations behind it. It still looks as bad as it sounds coming out of their mouth. And it still hurts people just as it would in real life. You can see so much ugly spewing from someone's mouth that it just makes your heart sink to know they have that in them to be that hateful. And I have to wonder every time I see things like this...they can't possibly be this horrible in person. What is even more daunting to me as I read more of the comments on this particular post is that there are so *many* commenters with this same nastiness going from their brains to their fingertips. The same disgusting hate-filled ignorance in comment after comment. Now, granted, some did stand up for the person who posted the video but more often than not the comments were anything but nice. And so, seeing all of those comments I had to stop and wonder: Are there *that* many people out there with this much anger/hate? I'm not naive, don't get me wrong. I do know the world is vast and that there are all types of people out there. This being the internet, and readily available to many, of course there will be even larger "group mentality" issues but it's just completely shocking to see so many ugly people gathering over one silly video of some girl trying to dance and falling (literally). Instead of seeing the humor in it, these people chose to belittle her and become extremely nasty towards her. I just don't get it. No, more so, I just don't see the point of it. I don't see the point of carrying around all that nastiness and I don't see the point of dishing it to others for no reason at all.