Wednesday, July 10, 2013

9 Years!

On July 4th my DH and I celebrated our 9th Anniversary. I can hardly believe it. If someone had told me at the age of 20 that I would be married years from then for 9 going on 10 years I would have laughed in their face. Me get married? Ha! The idea at that age seemed unthinkable. I had HUGE plans to deal with and there was plenty of independence to be had!

Fast forward to today and I have to tell you that my life has never been better. My adventures in our 9 years of marriage are far from the ones I planned when I was 20 but they are indeed the best and I cannot image things turning out any other way.

So, for our Anniversary my parents took us out to eat. Very thoughtful of them! We stuffed ourselves with delicious meals from Olive Garden. Yum! I just have to say that our visit before this to Olive Garden was a huge disappointment. We were stuck in a corner without much service and vowing under our breath never to return. And we didn't....for a while. Then my parents took us on July 4th and we had such excellent service from a nice young lady. She was very attentive to us and we left with our bellies full of salad, breadsticks, and main courses...with desserts to go! It was fabulous and I thanked them for the fun! It's times like these that I will cherish years from now.

Afterwards, stuffed to the max, my DH and I took a walk. We walk every July 4th in the evening because that is the time we get to see fireworks. My husband says his usual, "I paid them to do that for our Anniversary." We chuckle and joke about it and continue on our way. If our Anniversary days ended any different, I would think something was wrong.

To my DH (when he reads this):
It's been a wonderful 9 years with you and I can only hope for many more like them. We go together like peanut butter and jelly!

Happy 9th Anniversary