Saturday, December 29, 2012

Resolutions and More

Classes have been out for winter break for a few weeks now and I've been catching up on being lazy. Oh how nice it's been!

So not too long ago I made a comment wishing it would snow. I mean, it's not like it snows a lot here. In fact, last winter wasn't exactly...winter. Five days after my comment, it snowed! It was about 7" of snow. I know, some might be thinking that's just a light dusting, right? Well, it was a freakin' miracle to me! And it was on Christmas day! I haven't had a white Christmas in so long. It was absolutely wonderful.

The only downside to it was that thousands of people lost their electricity. Including my parents. So they crashed here for about 4 days and they finally got power back and went home. It was nice though to be able to give them to option to come stay and the visit was nice.

Now, I'm just biding my time until classes start again.

Oh, that and waiting around for new years. Do you make resolutions? I don't and haven't made them in many years. I just feel that if you are going to resolve to do something, then do it. Why does it have to be the first of the year to make a resolution? Let's not forget that many people make these resolutions only to forget about them a month later. This just means you aren't ready to get it done. Then you end up feeling bad about not following through with it. Why put yourself through that? When you are ready to do something, you will do it.

Just my two cents on the whole thing.