Tuesday, October 16, 2012

PetPals: Blogger/Reader Program Goodies!

This month I participated in the most amazing activity! It's called PetPals: Blogger/Reader Program and was put together by Jenna over at Momma Told Me blog. Yes, you read that correctly. It's Blogger/Reader, meaning you do NOT have to be a blogger to join in the fun! You just have to have a dog or a cat.

Basically what happens is you get paired up with someone else who has a pet and exchange information about your cat or dog. Then you go out and get a few goodies for their pet and ship it to them. The beauty of it all is that there IS a max amount you can spend ($15). Amazing, right? You not only get to meet new people and learn about their wonderful and interesting furbabies but you also get to do a little bit of shopping for them without breaking the bank! I don't know about you but I love shopping for people! Oh, and you get paired with two different people so that someone sends you something and you send something to someone else. Anyway, once it's all done all you have to do is write about your experience with the program. So, here is how my experience went:

First, I have to say I was super excited about this the moment I ran across it! I received an email from someone requesting  information about our lovely little guy, Toby. Her name is Constance. She was absolutely wonderful to be paired up with and was very polite to me. She seemed just as excited to get goodies for Toby as I was to participate!

I have to tell you, she picked the perfect goodies too! For his gifts, he received 3 awesome items. A chew toy and 2 treats. As I was opening the package he was right there in my lap trying to get into the box with that cute little nose. He just knew it was meant for him!

His first gift was a Nylabone DuraChew. I'd show you a before picture but he wouldn't let me get one. He wanted it right away! So, here he is enjoying his bone.



Here's one of him going to town on the toy.



And here's another. As you can tell, he was in heaven!


He also received some really cute Halloween cookies and something called Bison Tendy Chewz. I've never heard of those before but they must have been good because the bag did not sit on the table for too long.





My favorite holiday is Halloween so we know I just loved the Halloween Frankenstein cookies. It has been so much fun participating in PetPals. It's inexpensive and a wonderful way to meet new people who have at least one thing in common with you....the love of a pet.

Thank you, Constance, for making this such a memorable first PetPals for me and for our little guy, Toby. I'm sure if he could, he'd give you plenty of thank yous for setting him up so well!

Last but not least, thank you, Jenna, for putting together such a unique and fun program.