Saturday, July 28, 2012

One act of kindness and a thousand thank yous.

Sometimes there are people that you cross paths with who take you by complete surprise and make you feel honored to have met them. I have always been a big supporter of acts of kindness, random or not, and they don't have to be huge acts. In fact, the small ones seem to make biggest impressions, in my opinion. I ran across such a person tonight.

I won a giveaway back in May for a box of middle grade books. I sent off my mailing address in great anticipation of getting this box of books. I recently found out it had been mailed but I never received it. The woman who runs the blog for the books has been extremely nice with me in email but I just thought I would have to disappointingly chalk it up to lost mail. However...tonight I received an email from her saying she went out and bought the books again and will send them to me again.

I was completely flabbergasted and speechless. I think it completely took me by surprise because I do realize that she does not have to do this for me. It was out of the kindness of her heart that she took it upon herself to send the package to me again. I am grateful that she is doing this and cannot express enough how much this act of kindness has affected me.

Maybe it sounds silly to you when you read it but to me it was wonderful and made my night.

A thousand thank yous to this woman.

Update: Books arrived today (09/10/12) safe and sound. Yay!