Thursday, July 26, 2012

"Into each life some rain must fall"

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow said it best when he said, "Into each life some rain must fall...".
Where is the rain???

Woo-wee! It's been so hot here. The temperatures have been pretty high and even when they aren't high the heat index is high. I feel like I am stepping into an oven each time I take my dog outside. When will we get rain?? The forecast is storms today however that forecast has been broken the past couple of times there were storms in the area. Oh sure, we get the loud thunder and the gorgeous lightening but do we get the wet stuff with it? Not just no but oh hell no! I recently watched a storm that covered half the state move down towards us only to split in half just before it hit us and go around us on both side! I've begged and pleaded with my friends in eastern Texas to send some rain our way but to no avail... I'd get out there and do a rain dance if I thought it would help but I would have to be 100% sure because my neighbors would think I'd gone crazy.

Oh rain, wherefore art thou?