Monday, October 10, 2011

My very awesome birthday.

Well, today is my birthday! I woke and got ready for class to find I did not have to get up early because class was canceled. Of course, I only found this out after waiting for 20 minutes. That will teach me to check the door for a note from now on! So, no class on my birthday. Score 1. I then dropped my DH off at work today and found I did not have to wait in a long line (thank you Columbus for this holiday). Score 2. Then my parents made a surprise visit bearing cards and flowers. They stayed for a little while and even treated me to lunch! Score 3. I received a text message from a wonderful Aunt whom I had not heard from in a long time as well as a text from a sister I thought was angry at me. Both wishing me a wonderful day. Score 4. I also received a phone call from an awesome niece (8 yrs old) who sang out a rendition of Happy Birthday to me. Score 5. Finally, to close my wonderful day, I have a very loving DH who sent me text messages all day reminding me of how special his birthday woman is. Score 6.

As you can tell my birthday was just great! Oh, one more thing I got a chef collection salt and pepper shaker pair.....*drumroll*.....and a ROKU!!!! :) :) :)

Perfect day!